General discussion

Ms Word 2000

By jklaws ·
I am supporting 20 users on MS Office2000. A common problem that i am encountering is that upon a users command to exit the program, Word automatically saves upon exit without prompting the user to save changes. I have removed the option from the "Tools\options\save ,allow fast saves box. Is ther any explination as to why word or excel will save without a prompt to save?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

by steve.hutson In reply to Ms Word 2000

Hi,

This is only a possibility, but look in Tools|Macro|Macros and look for a macro named Auto_Close. You could certainly write an Auto_Close macro that saved every time you closed Word/Excel. I couldn't find anything in the Tools|Options dialog that would do it.

As a workaround, click the Always Save Backup check box in Tools|Options. At the very least, you would then have have the prior version saved with a .bak extension if you didn't want the save to occur.

HTH

Steve

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

by jklaws In reply to Ms Word 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

by borisporosin In reply to Ms Word 2000

So, I tried this on 12 computers in our company and I got the warning if I want to save the file. I think you have a macrovirus, that save itself to the document. It saves also the document. Try to check your machines for viruses.

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)