Software

Our forums are currently in maintenance mode and the ability to post is disabled. We will be back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

General discussion

Ms Word 2000

By jklaws ·
I am supporting 20 users on MS Office2000. A common problem that i am encountering is that upon a users command to exit the program, Word automatically saves upon exit without prompting the user to save changes. I have removed the option from the "Tools\options\save ,allow fast saves box. Is ther any explination as to why word or excel will save without a prompt to save?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

by steve.hutson In reply to Ms Word 2000

Hi,

This is only a possibility, but look in Tools|Macro|Macros and look for a macro named Auto_Close. You could certainly write an Auto_Close macro that saved every time you closed Word/Excel. I couldn't find anything in the Tools|Options dialog that would do it.

As a workaround, click the Always Save Backup check box in Tools|Options. At the very least, you would then have have the prior version saved with a .bak extension if you didn't want the save to occur.

HTH

Steve

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

by jklaws In reply to Ms Word 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

by borisporosin In reply to Ms Word 2000

So, I tried this on 12 computers in our company and I got the warning if I want to save the file. I think you have a macrovirus, that save itself to the document. It saves also the document. Try to check your machines for viruses.

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Ms Word 2000

This question was auto closed due to inactivity