General discussion

MS Word2000 does not print all pages

By latinorepublic ·
I have a user that received a 25 page attachment in his email.

Office 2000 SR-1 is installed in the machine. When we print the doc, only pages 1 to 9 get printed. Checked the doc in print preview, and the entire doc is shown, watched the little print icon which verifies how many pages gets printed, and it shows that pages 1 to 25 is getting printed. When in reality, again and again only 1 to 9 get printed.

I am able to view the rest of the pages when I scroll down the doc.

What's causing this? how can I resolve it?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by RCC In reply to MS Word2000 does not prin ...

A couple of suggestions:
Try printing ranges 10 to 20 and see what happens.
If you are using a printserver and printqueue, make sure the same version of drivers are installed on server and client.
You really need to post some more info about the printer model, how is it setup (TCP/IP, LPT) and what drivers are you using (PS, PCL and ver)
Regards,
Radu

Collapse -

by latinorepublic In reply to MS Word2000 does not prin ...

This is domain with a print server and a backup print server. About 200 users and 15 printers. Sorry wasn't more specific. In the following comments I explain the problem in more detail. Thanks.

Collapse -

by Stillatit In reply to MS Word2000 does not prin ...

Since your person did not author the document, double-check that the original author did not make some silly mistake like making a whole bunch of text hidden (say, everything after page 9). Also check for section breaks with strange renumbering.

If all else fails, copy the text you want to print into an blank document, and print that.

Good luck.

Collapse -

Thanks, good suggestion. Copied/pasted skipping the section in question, and it works. Please read the following comments I'm making on "techrep's" entry.

Collapse -

by techrep In reply to MS Word2000 does not prin ...

Lots of things could cause it. Quickest way to fix it is just copy the text and paste it into a new document. You may also want to do the copy/paste in two parts the first 9 pages with the exception of the last word printing. And then the rest of the document with the exception of the first word not printing. Then manually type in the two words you skip. If the file is corrupted you will skip the point of corruption.

Collapse -

Yes, thanks I tried that. I copied/pasted, and put together 1-9 and 11-23 and it works. The breaking point is some graphics the sender put together with Visio. Funny thing is that the 3 other recipients have no problem. I had the user forward the doc back to the sender and the other 3 users, and they have no problem with printing the doc. If he doesn't have Visio installed in his system, it should not prevent him from printing the doc.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)