Question

MSI u115 Asix Lan-Adapter

By Leddok ·
Hey Guys,
i have got a msi wind u115 netbook, which has an embedded asix 88772 chip usb-lan adapter. Problem is, that windows (actually windows 7 but also at windows xp) don't recognize the lan-card. So i cannot install the driver because the adapter is also in the device manager not presented. I tested every driver of the homepage of asix for my hardware, but the installers didn't get my lan-adapter working. Has anyone experience with this problem? Please help!
Thank you!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Is it still under warranty?

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to MSI u115 Asix Lan-Adapter

If so, take it back or make them repair it.

Collapse -

Are you SURE about this usb-lan adapter ?...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to MSI u115 Asix Lan-Adapter

According to the MSI site, the comms ports of this little machine are:

Built-in 10/100 LAN
Built-in 802.11b/g or 802.11b/g/n WLAN Card / Bluetooth Supported (Bluetooth is optional)

The LAN shown in the illustrations is a standard 8P8C/RJ45 socket on the right hand side to the rear.

http://www.msi.com/html/popup/NB/u115/index.html

Collapse -

Yes, i'm sure

by Leddok In reply to Are you SURE about this u ...

I shipped my first U115 back to the supplier because, after i talked with msi, i thought the hardware module has a damage. But my new Netbook (exchange netbook) has got the same fault - it must be a driver problem. And i'm sure, that it's an ASIX 88772 adapter. The RJ45 Port is connected to the internal hub. On the msi driver disc is even a driver for Lan, but only the "sys" and "inf" file - and so i cannot install the hardware because the adapter is not even detected in the device manager.

Collapse -

Actually you still can

by IC-IT In reply to Yes, i'm sure

install it.
Open Control Panel
Add Hardware
Choose yes I have installed it
Scroll to the bottom of the list and highlight - Add a new hardware device
Click - Next
Select - Install the hardware that I manually select from a list
Choose - Network adapters - Next
click on the Have Disk button
Browse to the inf file, select it and Choose OK.
It will either finish the installation or prompt you to select the specific model.

Collapse -

i tried this already...

by Leddok In reply to Actually you still can

...but if i select the driver file (inf) from the driver homepage, then there is no device viewable in the list. This is really strange - it seems, that the driver, which is specially for Windows 7, is not supported - but also in Windows XP it won't work.

Collapse -

please help!

by Leddok In reply to MSI u115 Asix Lan-Adapter

..no one else has got any idea?

Collapse -

Sorry but I'm still wondering about the 8P8C ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to please help!

Have you actually ever tried plugging an ethernet cable into it?

I'm not familiar with your Netbook but it strikes me as odd that the chassis has an 8P8C socket. You say it's connected to the internal hub, as if that is an excuse why it doesn't work - when the opposite is the actual case.

What about the wireless LAN? Have you attempted connection with that yet?

Collapse -

yes..

by Leddok In reply to Sorry but I'm still wonde ...

..i tried to pluging an RJ45 cable but there is no answer by the Netbook - how should it work, without any installed driver?! Could you explain me the following, please: "I'm not familiar with your Netbook but it strikes me as odd that the chassis has an 8P8C socket. You say it's connected to the internal hub, as if that is an excuse why it doesn't work - when the opposite is the actual case." I didn't understand it :-)

The wireless lan is working marvelous!(Also the bluetooth adapter)

Collapse -

The internal hub is the portal to the outside world ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to yes..

So, if the RJ45 socket is listed as being connected to the internal hub, it should also be able to communicate via an inserted Cat5 cable, to the outside world.

What kind of ethernet cable are you using?

It MUST be of the straight-through variety. A crossover cable won't work with a router/modem.

Collapse -

I use..

by Leddok In reply to The internal hub is the p ...

a RJ45 ethernet cable. But how should it work? There is no Network adapter listed in the devicemanager beside the Wireless Connection so the LAN adapter is definitely not installed. How can i install them :-(

Back to Software Forum
12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Related Forums