Question

MSMail / Outlook 2003 / Server 2003

By peter ·
I have been running MSMail with Outlook2003 on a WinXP SP2 peer-to-peer network arrangement for some time with no problems, however I'm in the process of implementing a Windows Server 2003 environment and running into a problem. After creating the new profiles on the XP workstations to connect to the Server2003 domain, Outlook2003 no longer has the MSMail option available. I've tried re-running the patch (MSMail2003) however even after rebooting the MSmail option no longer shows up in the address book list and I can't figure out how to add it. Am I forgetting to do something or is there a reason it doesn't function when you've logged onto a Server2003 domain? Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

If you are running Exchange then you have to seperate them..

Set up Outlook to handle the Exchange server mail and use Outlook Express for all other third-party emails.
This way, the accounts are kept separate from each other.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.
If this info is useful, please mark it helpful. Thanks

Collapse -

Not running Exchange ...

by peter In reply to If you are running Exchan ...

Perhaps I wasn't clear, we are not running Exchange and don't care to, the cost is prohibitive. We only want to keep the in-house mail function that we have with the MSMail patch & Outlook 2003 when we start using our Server 2003 setup. Under XP peer-to-peer it works fine, but we're having a problem getting it to work in the MS Server 2003 environment. When you establish a profile on an XP workstation to log onto the Server 2003 domain, Outlook no longer displays the MS Mail address book option (Tools/EMail accounts/View or change ...) and we can't find how to re-establish it. Any thoughts?

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)