General discussion

MS'S APRIL 2004 CUMULATIVE PATCH

By soulsmiths ·
I received a broadcast message from MS regarding the above security patch w/ an attached pack5251.exe. Can anyone confirm if it is legit? All I could find was a March 2004 patch on their website which makes me a bit suspicious.
Thanks, Nick.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jhoup In reply to MS'S APRIL 2004 CUMULATIV ...

Microsoft Does NOT send executables through emails. Your best bet is to use Windows Update to get recent security fixes. Delete that email immediately. For more information about Microsft Security related messges, goto the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/authenticate_mail.asp

Hope that helps.

Collapse -

by jschein In reply to MS'S APRIL 2004 CUMULATIV ...

LMAO are you the guy that sends earthlink, comcast and bellsouth your credit card information through e-mail because they asked for it?

Nobody of legitamit corporate use has ever solicited through e-mail unless you asked for it. No one has ever sent anything from a company unless you have asked for it....

If you receive something, didn't ask for it... Guess what? lol

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to MS'S APRIL 2004 CUMULATIV ...

Cheer up jschein, it is people like this that keep us all in business. I saw several comments from you, you seem down today. Take a deep breath and start over Monday.
Love ya

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to MS'S APRIL 2004 CUMULATIV ...

Here is the link to the April 2004 security bulliten:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/winapr04.mspx

(Remove any spaces from the pasted link)

There are 4 different updates depending on the version of Windows and other software you are running.

Microsoft DOES NOT send ANY patches as attachments.

They do have security bulletins and newsletters that you can subscribe to.

Note: There have been several postings here over the past 3 days of problems with the updates.
Proceed with caution.

Chas

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)