Question

my excel file use 100 % CPU usage

By pritesh1981 ·
when ever i try to do some changes on my few excle files it used 100% usage of my cpu. i have cheked my memory but just get used 191mb. everything works fine but this the most imp file. i have try to open this file on the other computer but the same porblem.the file size is just 865kb which is noting to concern.but why it used 100% usage of cpu? it takes too long to make any changes to a file.
system Info:-
cpu: 2.4ghz Intel
ram: 256mb
disk:40gb

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Background process

by jamesatmaisonverre In reply to my excel file use 100 % C ...

Ive seen this before and it is not caused by excel,but by a background application running process.If you have nothing else open,then i would investigate the possability of a trojan which causes these symptoms.Check your background process and close all applications in the taskbar with exception to you antivirus and try the process again.If it continues after this , definately a trojan.Reboot in safemode and run a virus scan

Collapse -

Done almost everything

by pritesh1981 In reply to Background process

Basically that particular file is lays on our server, so i thought it might be passable that so many people accessing the same file at the same time. so i copy the same file and used from the different locations but still there is same problem. One pc get affected by virus or trojn but not all.. I have closed each and every application and then observe but same as i have said.....
Systems scanned by Symantec corporate edition
and Entrust...........its not like system gets hanged up, other applications works fine at the same time only excel gets stuck for a while the works fine but at the time of making some changes same thing

Collapse -

Done almost everything

by pritesh1981 In reply to Background process

Basically that particular file is lays on our server, so i thought it might be passable that so many people accessing the same file at the same time. so i copy the same file and used from the different locations but still there is same problem. One pc get affected by virus or trojn but not all.. I have closed each and every application and then observe but same as i have said.....
Systems scanned by Symantec corporate edition
and Entrust...........its not like system gets hanged up, other applications works fine at the same time only excel gets stuck for a while the works fine but at the time of making some changes same thing

Collapse -

File may be corrupted

by shuja52 In reply to my excel file use 100 % C ...

Download avg antispyware from www.ewido.net, update it online and thenm scan your file. It will work

Collapse -

Its not like that

by pritesh1981 In reply to File may be corrupted

i can still work on the file as well as i used to but the process is too slow...no virus. no trojan. no spyware..

Collapse -

What size is the file

by jamesatmaisonverre In reply to Its not like that

I am wondering what size is the file you are opening.I can understand that it is office suicide to open a large file off the server.If you download the file off the server and you have reduced funtionality,the file is corrupt.Especially if a number of users are accessing it over a long period of time.I would try to download the file and open and repair option in excel.If this does not work then do a network restore to a time where the file did work.Then make multiple copies for your own personal use.

Back to Hardware Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums