General discussion

Need Driver info for HP 4535

By wsmm ·
Trying to rebuild an HP4535 system for a person I work with. During his move he lost his CD disk for recovery and also managed to crash his hard drive. I have managed to get everything pretty well back up but need to know what is the video chipset/driver this system used. On the rebuild it would only reference to a generic video driver which is limiting it to 16 instead of 256 colors.

Also if you know of a good site for the driver that would also be appreciated. Also is there any freeware product out there that searhs systems and correctly identifies system componetns?

Thanks..
Bill

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Lizzy In reply to Need Driver info for HP 4 ...

I have found the HP site to be very good about finding drivers and system information. www.hp.com is where you should start. Make sure that you have the serial and model numbers of the CPU and you should be good to go.

Collapse -

by wsmm In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by glenn In reply to Need Driver info for HP 4 ...

A few suggestions:

1. First I would suggest visiting HP.com and then following the links for the drivers update...

2. Visit v4.windowsupdate.com and do the windows updates - sometimes there are video drivers that will auto-download (replace w/ mfr drivers @ once however... )

3. Open up the PC and look on the motherboard or video card for any chips --- read them - if they say Nvidia or ATI, or Intel Vide0 that can give you a heads up as well - then visit www.drivers.com

hope all works

Collapse -

by wsmm In reply to

Collapse -

by an_it_guy In reply to Need Driver info for HP 4 ...

Try driverguide.com for any drivers you need.
To know abt tht chipset, maybe you can open the pc and search google for all chips u see inside.. one of it shd be for display.

Collapse -

by wsmm In reply to

Collapse -

by wlbowers In reply to Need Driver info for HP 4 ...

http://tinyurl.com/2htex

Lee

remove spaces that show up after copy and paste

Collapse -

by wsmm In reply to

Collapse -

by joortman In reply to Need Driver info for HP 4 ...

Do an internet search for a program called "Driver Magic". Will do a search for any missing drivers, download them to your system and will notify you of updates. Also, there is a freeware program called Aida32 that will give you all the info you could want about the system. CPU id, serial #'s on chips, everything!

Collapse -

by wsmm In reply to

Back to Desktop Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next