General discussion

Need Help deciding Outlook 98 or 2000

By mitchbryant ·
We are having to move from Netscape and Groupwise to Outlook. We are not going to be using a real Exchange Server but a network Appliance that using Outlook for it's client.... We are keeping our Netware 5 box for network services...

So I do notneed nor want all the "extra" features of outlook.. We just want to do email. I only have three our of 30 users that actually use the calender functions of Groupwise. I am trying to figure out if Outlook 98 is fine or if we need or should move to Outlook 2000.... Please let me know your thoughts...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jsarinana In reply to Need Help deciding Outloo ...

Outlook 98 is fine unless you want to spend some money you can always upgrade later. Question what network application are you useing instead of Exchange server. We are a 30 person site running Outlook 2000 using Microsoft mail and have started to out grow our MS mail needs, looking for other options besides Exchange running on a NT network ? ?

Collapse -

by mitchbryant In reply to Need Help deciding Outloo ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by shmaltz In reply to Need Help deciding Outloo ...

Since Outlook 2000 includes everything + what Outlook 98 includes, Why even bother with a solution that you might out grow?

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)