Question

Need help with Photosmart C5580 Printer

By blair ·
I installed a new HP Photosmart C5580 printer and am having the following problem: The printer printes but what I'm getting is 100 pages coming out for a single page being printed. The print is in a font that is about size 40. Each page also has a border printed on it. I have not changed the defaults on the printer so I'm wonder just what the poop is going on.

Suggestions most welcome!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Grab the manual and reset the Printer Defaults

by OH Smeg In reply to Need help with Photosmart ...

While the Printer is disconnected from the computer.

Also uninstall the Drivers and associated Software via the Add/Remove Programs reboot the system and then install them again but this time with the Printer Disconnected.

When you are prompted to plug in the printer plug it in and turn it on. Allow the Install to complete and then reboot the system again.

See if it works correctly now.

Col

Collapse -

Problem remains......

by blair In reply to Grab the manual and reset ...

Did that........ should have mentioned it.

Should have mentioned I'm running Windows 7 as well.

Collapse -

Which Version of 7 are you running

by OH Smeg In reply to Problem remains......

The 32 or 64 Bit Version?

That could be your problem particularly if you are using the 64 Bit version of 7 as a lot of devices that work with Vista do not work with 7 when in 64 Bit Mode.

I have noticed that from the testing that I have done so far with 7 for a possible new deployment. But I have yet to even load a 32 Bit Version of 7 so it may suffer the same problems. I simply do not know as at the moment I have no need to even consider it for anything and I personally think that it will not be a Big Sale Item as the 64 Bit Version is the way to go from now on.

If that is the case you'll need to replace the Printer with one that is compatible with 7.

Col

Collapse -

Exactly what drivers are you trying to install?

by IC-IT In reply to Problem remains......

The HP web site claims Windows 7 has the drivers built in. They also claim to be available for download, but I can't find a good link (except where they claim on the driver support page to keep checking).

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/win7web/printer-support/us/en/photosmart.html

It lists the Photosmart C5500 series.

Back to Peripheral Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)