need suggestions

By tgdavis1 ·
Toshiba Satellite A665 series has powering up issues or so I thought. The DC port and battery port were checked and were in working order so a fellow IT friend suggested replacing the mobo. I replaced it and still the same problem. The laptop powers on for about 3 seconds. The fan kicks on and the led's light up and then it just shuts down. No known incidents prior to the problem starting. Any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Request for Clarification

by Rob Kuhn In reply to Clarifications

And you have already verified that the AC adapter is good? I've had AC adapters show the proper output voltage on the meter but they weren't putting out sufficient amps/watts.

Do you have another AC adapter that you can try?

Collapse -

Was the Power Switch part of the replacement M'Board?

by OH Smeg Moderator In reply to need suggestions

If not that is what I would be looking at first.


Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by tgdavis1 In reply to Was the Power Switch part ...

The DC port and Battery connector were part of the M'Board so I made sure to change the power membrane and cable to ensure there was not a short there.

Collapse -

just battery

by gdeangelis In reply to need suggestions

Have you tried booting with battery out, or with just battery and ac removed?

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by tgdavis1 In reply to just battery

tried everything including reducing all connections with the exception of what the essentials are to run the unit and still same problem. I am begining to wonder if the the CPU is somehow responsible even if it does function in another unit??

Collapse -


by gdeangelis In reply to need suggestions

Maybe not a ton of help ....
I did a little digging and it seems you are not alone with this issue. Check out the thread .
One user points to the power button, as OH posted. Another points to sleep / hibernate settings and a possible bios link.

I used to have a dell many years ago that did this and we would power it on and immediately off and that would last a few months.

Related Discussions

Related Forums