General discussion

Netgear GA302T NIC

By dragon_45 ·
I am looking for a NIC driver to load a Netgear GA302 T card on a Novell 4.10 server. I have contacted Netgear without any luck yet. Netgear site does not seem to even address a DOS or Netware Boot.

Thanks
Richard F. Bolha
Hidden Valley Lake, Inc.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Netgear GA302T NIC

by Alpha-Male In reply to Netgear GA302T NIC

To quote Netgear:

"At launch, the GA302T will work with all popular Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98, and Windows NT. Moving forward, we expect to offer drivers that will work with other operating systems."

I would like to think that a Netware driver would be one of the first they would develop, but I have seen no trace of one to date.

Considering how new (and the performance level) of the card, I doubt you could use a generic driver or another card's driver. I know this isn't what you were looking for, but I hope it helps. I personally can't stand seeing Novell/Netware treated like a second class citizen (despite its speed and reliability advantages)...but that is the enviroment we live in. It's not the first time a superior technology lost out because of stealth marketing and FUD/hype (Alpha processor, anyone?)

Collapse -

Netgear GA302T NIC

by dragon_45 In reply to Netgear GA302T NIC

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Netgear GA302T NIC

Ok, I am very disappointed. I told Netgear so.
Next question. I am looking at the Netgear GA622T.
Netgear tech support says it supports 4.X and 5.X.
It should be alright with 4.10. They cannot say for sure Novell 6.10? Anybody have the answer? Have I chosen poorly in Netgear? I would still like to keep all the NIC's and switch from Netgear.

Thanks Rich

Collapse -

Netgear GA302T NIC

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)