Question

Netopia 3346N and Windows Server 2003

We've got an employee who recently moved and is no longer working in our office. We want her to be able to have access to resources on the server (server 2003)sp1. I have tried to pinhole the 3389 port but always comes back with an error. Any help on how to proceed would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

More Info?

by DoubleShocker In reply to Netopia 3346N and Windows ...

Are you trying to give access to her via Remote Desktop? Have you established all the port forwarding neccesary? If she is using the mstsc client, have you given her a specific IP address along with the port number? This needs to be entered in as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx - then have your FW translate to the 3389 on her PC at the office. That PC needs to have permissions for that user to log on via Remote Desktop.

Collapse -

More Info

by tbr2-21799280624515423368168853737194 In reply to More Info?

Yes, via remote desktop. No I haven't established all of the port forwarding necessary. This is where I am hung up. When I log in to the router and I go to "edit pinhole page" to open the ports I plug in the following and get the error "ERROR: Nat application rule for 'Win2000 Terminal Server'and pinhole item 'SRC'
have identical external port ranges [3389-3389]ERROR: NOTE: suggest removing the pinhole in this case
Validation did not pass!

Pinhole Entry

Pinhole Name - TBA
Protocol Select - TCP
External Port Start - 3389
External Port End - 3389
Internal IP Address - 192.168.1.xx
Internal Port- 3389

Collapse -

Stumped

by DoubleShocker In reply to More Info

Not sure what your next steps should be, but my only suggestion is to use some other port on the external side, for instance, something non-conflicting in the 22000 range.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)