General discussion

Netscape 7.02

By john_wills ·
I use Netscape 7.02 on windows XP. Sometimes opening a message in the email list starts the whole screen jumping up and down. It keeps jumping even when I move to the next message, but stops when I either delete the first message or move it to a folder. What is happening? What can I do to stop it?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Netscape 7.02

by TheChas In reply to Netscape 7.02

Not sure at all what is happening, or why.

3 ideas for a fix:

Replace Netscape with Mozilla 1.4
Mozilla is the core code of the Netscape browser without all the AOL add-ons.
The download is just over 1/2 of Netscape.
You will need / want JAVA from Sun for Java content when using Mozilla.

Upgrade to Netscape 7.1
They just released this the first of July.

Update your video driver.
Sure sounds like a video issue. It would be worth it to check if there is an updated driver for the chip-set on the motherboard and the video card.

Same applies to XP updates. There may be a compatibility update that you are missing.

Chas

Collapse -

by john_wills In reply to Netscape 7.02

Life is by no means perfect, but the up-and-down dizziness seems to have come to an end since the installation of 7.1

Collapse -

Netscape 7.02

I am grateful for the response by TheChas but intend to keep the question open a while longer for the case that someone comes up with something more specific. Upgrading Netscape seems a good idea, but among all the many thngs I have to do I think getting my firewall installed takes priority over that.

Collapse -

Netscape 7.02

I am still waiting for my Netscape 7.1 disc to arrive. They must be taking a long time burnig it: perhaps the substrate is in short supply.

Collapse -

I have received an email from NetScape saying that my CD is in the mail. I've heard that one before, but I live in hope. The money has already been taken from my credit-card account.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)