General discussion

Netware 4.11 Abend using HP Omniback

By FANCOMS ·
We have a hp3 netserver running netware 4.11 service pack 9, long file name support on all volumes except sys:

Server is being backed up using HPUX's Omniback II, version 3.5, omniback patch for netware use is 00000024. Threshold set at 200 on Intel Pro/100 intelligent adapter. Backup abends server with message EIP in Long.nam at code start +00000AF9h.
Additional Information:
The CPU encountered a problem executing code in LONG.NAM. The
problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module
by a process owned by VBDA.NLM.

Fixes tryed replaced network card, vrepair, changed order volumes backup, driver changed and updated.

Please help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by s_pryce In reply to Netware 4.11 Abend using ...

I have'nt directly seen your problem but a number like them.
The problem of executing code in an NLM and may be passed by another process is quite common and normally caused by mismatched versions of CLIB or DSAPI. Check your running the lastest CLIB (spose to be in SP9) and it is running.
The Intel PRO100I has some issues with which ODI rev its running, check your running an ODI33 dont know the version cos we had so many problems with the 100I's we swapped them all for 100S a while ago.
Last one to check is NBI.NLM version and to make sure that your 100I isn't sharing an interrupt cos it has a whole bridge system in there which was a little ahead of its time when it was designed and your HP3 wont like it very much.
Hope it helps.

Collapse -

by FANCOMS In reply to Netware 4.11 Abend using ...

Both CLIB and DSAPI are in SP9 and that was just recently reapplied. We tried switching to a Pro100S with no luck. No luck on the interrupt either. Thanks and any other ideas?

Collapse -

by pmedina1 In reply to Netware 4.11 Abend using ...

Has the backup job been configured to backup both DOS and LONG name spaces? I have seen similar issues using both the Legato client and Netbackup client on my 4.11 server, backed up from Unix boxes. How about your abend.log? Does it give any more information?

PatM

Collapse -

Have had the abend log looked at to no affect. It's configured to backup both longnames and DOS.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)