Netware/Windows client policy manager meLocked
I have two Netware 5 servers, one 100-user license and two 5-user licenses. My users were using server 1, which was having problems. After moving most apps and data to server 2, I moved the 100-user license assignment also. The problem now is that there are still references on my Win95/98 workstations that are trying to connect to server 1 (for which there is now no license available). These clients now display Policy Manager error messages (no license available). I have determined that the reference is probably in the system.dat file. I have removed all other references such as print queues, ini files, other registry items that point to server 1. I am still unable to get rid of the policy manager message and am uncertain how I can remove references from the system.dat. I can’t remove server 1 yet because it does have some apps being used by the two 5-user licenses. The remainder of users don’t wish to connect to server 1, but their client (system.dat) wants to anyway.