Question

Network Printer Vs Office 2003

By bliadia ·
Seriously I don't understand.
When someone works with word or excel... and he has a default printer (example Hp laserjet 4250N)office is really slow!!!!! ..If I set the default printer microsoft office writer, office runs fast!!!

I've 60 printers installed on the domain and this problem is only for one department of 30 persons.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

if it's for only one group

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Network Printer Vs Office ...

If it's happening to only one group (department) on the domain, I would suspect the network equipment/settings and not Office 2003. If it was Office, they would all have the same problem. There appears to be a conflict somewhere.

Try taking just one computer out of this group into a different room where you know the cabling goes through a different switch/hub/router, log into the domain from there and see if the problem persists. You may even try logging into a different department group with different user credentials. Try to narrow it down to being either location specific (one area in the building) or group policy specific (what happens if a user in a different department logs in at the new location or where it was sitting before at the original location).

Like I said, if all users are using the same software and only one group has problems, it's not the software that has the problem.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)