General discussion

Network prt problem/AutoCad HP 230

By MJA ·
I have a client that has the following setup: 4 Win95 Pc's 1 WinXp Pc. AutoCad 14.0 with a HP plotter DesignJet 230 on one of the Win95 PC's via the LPT port. All the PC's can print (CAD) and have been printing to the 230 via network printing. The XP PC was just added and can print a Windows test page to the 230 but cannot plot any drawings. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by HereInOz In reply to Network prt problem/AutoC ...

This is usually a driver problem and is something I have come across in several installations. The easiest way to fix it, although this may not be practical, is to print from the XP machine direct, with all the other Win95 machines printing across the network to the XP machine.

You will need to configure the printers on the Win95 boxes again, probably. Also check with HP - they may not have drivers for that printer and XP. There are other HP printers that just won't print from XP due nodrivers.

Collapse -

by MJA In reply to Network prt problem/AutoC ...

Can you please read my comments above and answer if you can? Thanks so much... mja@techcom-solutions.com

Collapse -

I moved the printer to the XP pc and shared it from the other pc's and not a problem.. but when I try and print from that XP pc it will not print. I moved the printer back to the original PC and had change the settings in AutoCad... it would not print from that PC either!!?? If I install the plotter in windows and then set it up in AutoCad it will not work..it comes up with a port error. Is there a special way to install a printer in AutoCad 14? If i just install it from AutoCad I cannot share it... PLEASE help... Thanks...

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)