General discussion



By suleimein ·
How do i connect two PCs without the use of a Hub? I know it is possible using a data cable(serial)but which other method(faster data rate)other than using a hub to link two PCs?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by willcomp In reply to Networking

Use an RJ45 crossover cable to connect from NIC to NIC. See link below for more information.


Collapse -

by darrynmarr1979 In reply to Networking

if you cant find a crossover cable, try co-axial cable, if your network cards have that port

Collapse -

by md9 In reply to Networking

If the PC's don't have NICs, use a USB cable.

Collapse -

by OTL In reply to Networking

If it is for one time use, remove the HD from one and add it to the other. Will give the fastest data rate.

Collapse -

by zlitocook In reply to Networking

You did not say what operating system, XP offers a few ways to do it. But you can use Lap Link, PCany where or other pay for programs. Or you can make a network work group and use peer to peer networking. Look to on how to do this. Are you just wanting to move files from one computer to another? Or to connect them for internet sharing?

Collapse -

by ozi Eagle In reply to Networking

You can also get USB to USB networking cables, if you don't have ethernet LAN ports.

Related Discussions

Related Forums