General discussion

Networking

By lassy ·
When i log on to my network i receive this error message "no domain server was available to validate your password" How can i fix that? And is there a way for the computer to automatically log on to windows and network. I just want to turn my computer on without logging on all the time. It is time consuming for me.
Help will be very appreciated

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Networking

by Jabbar In reply to Networking

If your are the only one user of your Pc, try to delete all user names. Reset your Pc, and it will log on automatically, without asking you a password.

Collapse -

Networking

by lassy In reply to Networking

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Networking

by an_it_guy In reply to Networking

I guess the above suggestion might not work since it might not be valid for loggin-on to network.
Maybe this helps:
http://www.health.ufl.edu/itcenter/helpdesk/network/net_100.html
Best of luck.

Collapse -

Networking

thank you but there was an error in that page

Collapse -

Networking

by OTL In reply to Networking

You did not mention if this is home or office network, or the system used on the network (Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000, LINUX, UNIX). More information would help get you an answer.

In windows there are ways to logon to the PC and the network at the same time, depending on the architecture of the network and if you are connected to the network. If you are dialing into the network you will have to log-in at least once to the network. Logging onto the PC you could do as answer #2 suggested, thusyou would only have to log onto the network.

Collapse -

Networking

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Networking

by jose_12650 In reply to Networking

Cache your interactive log on to the domain. From workstation: Go to start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Local Security Policy, Local Policies, scroll down to Interactive Log on: Number of Log on To Cache: then put a value of something like 10 or 20.

Collapse -

Networking

by jose_12650 In reply to Networking

Try typing adminpak.msi from the run command then after that try to see if you have the local security policy in your administrative tools.

Collapse -

Networking

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Networking

Comment to : OTL

This is a home network, using win98. I can log on to network and windows just fine but the error message "no domain server was available to validate your password" keeps popping up. I can access and see other computers too. I just want to get rid of the error and to be able to log on network and windows automatically.

Comment to : jose_12650@yahoo.com

i can only find microsoft .net framework wizard under Administrative Tools. and in the wizard it shows Adjust .net Security, Trust Assembly and Fix and application icons

Back to Windows Forum
13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next