Question

New 755_A2 mother

By Perro059 ·
I have 755-A2 had to change back up Battery
Now as soon as I plug it in CP starts up with out useing start button CPU fan works But I have just A Black screen Please Help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You'll have to be a bit more specific here

by OH Smeg In reply to New 755_A2 mother

What is a 755-A2 Mother? I'm assuming it's some kind of M'Board and may even have a 755 Socket but that doesn't sound right as I'm not aware of any 755 Sockets just a 775 for a Intel CPU.

Also what type of battery was involved here a CR2032? These are a small Coin Battery of 3 V DC Voltage and need to be inserted with the Positive + Side away from the M'Board. After you fit one of these batteries you need to enter the BIOS and at the very least set the Date & Time then save the changes as you exit the BIOS.

If after opening a case and replacing this battery you are no longer getting any Video Display you need to check the Video Card and all external Connections as something may have come loose or no longer be properly plugged in.

Also if this unit has a AGP Video Card it's possible that the Video Card has moved slightly out of the socket and you need to remove and refit it to get things working again. Ideally you should loosen the securing screws around the back bracket fit the video card properly and then tighten the screws on the back plate. That will allow the card to fit into the socket properly and not be slightly pulled out. There is a small amount of adjustment on the back brackets to allow for differences in case types.

Col

Back to Hardware Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)