Question

New clients losing access to network resources with Server2012

By Scott190 ·
We recently installed a new domain controller running Server2012r2 holding the FSMO roles ( transfered from old DC ) and it is a fresh install and not an upgrade. Now, new clients or those workstations with a fresh install of Windows 7 cannot access network resources like printers, shared drives, Sharepoint.
Our environment:
3 DC's running Server2008r2, one DC with FSMO roles running Server2012r2.
About 75 clients including 7 printers, one forest, one domain.
Some clues:
1. When you try to access a NAS or shared folder even as admin, it asks for credentials each time and when you supply the credentials it will grant you access.
2. Sharepoint no longer connects but when the workstation is off the domain it will ask for credentials and then grant access.
3. GPUpdate fails and you get an error of " The network is not present or not started”.
4. Printers show up by IP address not names.
Things I've tried or investigated:
- taking off domain and back on there is no change but I can join domain without issue. After joining domain workstation shows up in DNS & Users and Computers.
-There is no firewall or AV on workstations involved.
-Workstation & NetLogon services are started,
-granted " Allowed to Authenticate permission on computers in the trusting domain or forest " with no change.
-DNS is set correctly in that DNS servers can see themselves and are listed correctly in DNS,
-there is connectivity as you can ping all 4 DC's,
- the command echo %logonserver% it will kick back one of the DCs.
-network share connections on server show as authenticated user.

My theory is that new clients are not being given authentication tokens by the server to be given to network resources but I'm not familiar enough with Server2012 or token to test this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)