New USB card locks up computer – why?Locked
I have installed a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 5-Port PCI Card and I am having problems with the computer locking up when I hookup one of usb devices.
Here is what I have done to try and solve the problem:
1) Followed the Trouble Shooter that comes with Windows XP.
2) Gone to your Belkin site and read all the FAQs
3) Downloaded and installed Belkin drivers for the above card
4) Gone to the Control Panel and made sure each USB is working and it says all are working o.k.
5) Tried plugging in one device at a time
6) Tried different ports to see if one might not be working
1) A Compag 4000 series desktop
2) Windows XP w/service pack 2
3) An external Maxtor hard drive
4) An Epson Photo R200 printer
5) A Cannon scanner
Would anyone be able to help? Thanks, Fred