General discussion

Newbridge MainStreet 36030,

By Jaqui ·
administration and configuration manuals, if any exist, needed.

I just got this old router given to me today, and would like to find even an electronic version of the documentation for it.

I checked Newbridge's website, which is now Alcatel.
no joy there at all for the older Newbridge products.

anyone know where I might be able to find a copy of the documents for download?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Newbridge MainStreet 3603 ...

Jaqui,

I use a lot of Alcatel Optical Fibre Switches/Converters etc so I'll ask if they have a user manual for one of them available. Under a normal situation I wouldn't be holding out too much hope but as I have a Big order in at the moment and I'll make a polite request and they might go that little bit extra for me and the dealers here might have a manual that they could copy for me. No promises mind you but I'll try.

Lets know if anything else crops up and I'll forget it if you can get something quicker or easier. It's just with the size of this order they are far more likely to go that bit extra to get the sale and as they where the dealer for Newbridge before Alcatel the Techs might have something available just for reference.

Col

Collapse -

by Jaqui In reply to

Thanks Col, I know you'll let me know what they say about manuals.

Collapse -

by Jaqui In reply to Newbridge MainStreet 3603 ...

Col,
Thanks. since the Alcatel site doesn't even list their old brand name products anymore, I figured someone here might have an idea where to find the manuals.

I even checked the sites listing that they carry old Newbridge products and parts. no documentation available at all.

Collapse -

by OTL In reply to Newbridge MainStreet 3603 ...

The last I knew Newbridge MainStreet line was voice/data Customer Premise Equipment for bandwidth management and Newbridge did not make routers. Alcatel web site does not show a product over 9999 no 3603, so I suspect 3630 ?

Most Newbridge line could be accessed from the 9.6 standard comm port. Programming is done in asci and most portions were easily understandable (a few tricks for super-rate circuits). Newbridge never went to the electronic version of documentation, they did provide limited documentation with each major product.

Collapse -

by Jaqui In reply to

This router actually dates back to NewBridge's aquisition of MainStreet, so it's definately not a telephony device.

Collapse -

OTL,
I think this particular product line was killed by Newbridge shortly after they bought out Mainstreet back in the 1980s

I noticed that Alcatel doesn't mention the product line, that's why I posted this question.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)