General discussion

No permission to send msg exchange 2000

By williamoshea ·
Dear Colleagues,
My users have been using MS outlook with exchange 2000 to send messages within the organisation and also to download pop3 mails from the internet. Recently some of the users started getting error messages when they try to send mails to people they had been communicating with on the internet in the past. The worrying thing is that sending a message to some internal recipients returns a non-delivery report. After tracking the problem I realised that if I order in which mails are processed so that the pop transport is at the top, andmy exchange transport is next followed by exchange remote transport....the problem disappears. As I said we have been using the exchange server 2000 for 3 years and this problem has only just occured, and is not affecting all users.(i.e some users still have the microsoft exchange at the top of the transport list. So what could have caused this problem. Sometimes the error says the user does not have permission to send a message to the recipient.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dw_ay In reply to No permission to send msg ...

do users (which receive NDR) sent from outside company? actually sending message is related to smtp protocol not pop, so check also smtp access permission.

Collapse -

by dw_ay In reply to

what do u see in server, ESM, adm group, svr, prtocol, smtp virtual svr, access authentication? is needed windows authentication?
and see on user computer, pop account setting - more settings - what do u see in outgoing mail svr?

Collapse -

by williamoshea In reply to No permission to send msg ...

Messages sent from outside do not generate NDR

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)