General discussion

No Video at 133Mhz

By abcs ·
Have a pc with a Soyo Motherboard SyK7v Dragon with with an AMD 1.6 processor. Machine has been work just fine for several months. Checked it the other morning and had the blue screen of death. Tried to re-boot and I could get no video.
The FSB has been set to 133Mhz. If I set the FSB to 100Mhz it works just fine. I have cleared the CMOS did not make any difference. I have changed out the Video card, it made no difference.

I have no video when the FSB is set to 133Mhz.
Any Ideas, will be sincerely appreciated.

Robert Payne

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jschein In reply to No Video at 133Mhz

A few ?'s...

1. Do you have the latest bios or checked bios for that mobo to see if a fix is there to resolve video issues?

2. Do you have 100 FSB memory? or 133 FSB Memory? Does a bios update fix memory issues?

3. In the bios, have you tried setting the memory hole if available?

4. In 133 enabled, inside the OS, have you checked the event viewer to see if anything fails after or during bootup?

5. What is the OS / Service Pack you are running?

Collapse -

by abcs In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by abcs In reply to No Video at 133Mhz

Yes the BIOS was updated about 4 months ago to the latest. The OS is Windows XP with all the latest updates. If we set the CPU Frequency to 133 we get no video. If we set the CPU Frequency to 100, video is fine. The CPU Frequency had been running at 133 for the last two years with no problems. This condition just happened three days ago.

Collapse -

by csmith In reply to No Video at 133Mhz

This problem is normally not the video card.
Usually, the RAM has overheated.
Partial failures like this, are very rare, usually it is more serious.
Is your power supply fan clogged up with dust?
This can also be the voltage regulator in the power supply starting to fail, but I assume you have already checked the voltages.
Regards, Chris

Collapse -

by abcs In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by abcs In reply to No Video at 133Mhz

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)