Question

None System Disk HP Compaq 615

By bill9 ·
Well this is the scenario, I have an HP Compaq 615 AMD 64 bit Athlon pc with a 160gig hard drive. The laptop is running vista basic and just failed to start for the second time stating that Non System Disk and tries to boot through the network. I tried restarting and testing the HP startup diagnostics and it says no Hard Disk installed. Then i shut it down and switched it on in like 20min then it starts up and asks for log in details just like that. So my question is whats next, should i reformat the hard disk, replace it or refer to my applications running which might be causing this. Luckily i do back up.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Well personally

by OH Smeg In reply to None System Disk HP Compa ...

I would test the HDD with it's makers Testing Utility and then if it fails the test remove the drive and retest. If it passes the second test in another computer the M'Board, Power Supply or Data lead is faulty in the original computer.

If it fails the second test the HDD is failing and I would replace it after backing up my Data & Settings.

You can get the HDD makers Testing Utility here though you will have to open the unit and read the Sticker on the Drive to find out who made it.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Col

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by bill9 In reply to Well personally

I will retest it and see how far this goes. Well just in case its a hint. Its battery failed retaining power in one year from purchase date then this hard disk issue. It was brand new.

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)