Question

Norton 2007 + Windows XP + Unable to boot

By imartin21 ·
Hello All,

I just spent over 30 hours with tech support trying to install Norton Systemworks 2007 on a e-machine running Windows XP. Now due to their terrible customer support, I can only boot in safe mode.

I'm a previous software engineer, but I'm not any good at hardware. Should I just go to circuit city and pay to have them fix it? Or does someone out there have some easy instructions for me.

Also there is a high pitch from something in the computer? Could this be the beginning of the end, so just replace the computer?

Thank you everyone, for any help.

Regards,

Irene

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

OK there are several possible things

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Norton 2007 + Windows XP ...

But as you say Also there is a high pitch from something in the computer? Could this be the beginning of the end, so just replace the computer?

If this is a speaker on the inside of the case it should be sending out a series of Beeps you'll need either the manual of the BIOS Makers Name to understand what the Beep Error Message is. You can find a generic Beep Error Message listed here

http://tinyurl.com/2gspcy

That's the first thing that you need sorted and it could be anything from a Flat Battery to something serious it's impossible to say without knowing what the Beep Code actually is. If there is just a constant stream of Beeps you have a sticking on the Keyboard are are leaning on it pushing in one or more keys at the same time.

As for Norton's 2007 I've had a few problems with this package and if you where replacing the previous Norton's Package it's probably been damaged with the uninstall not totally removing everything and the new install corrupting what was left so you need the Kill Norton utility that can be found here to cure the original problem

http://tinyurl.com/2b944m

Col

Collapse -

Same here

by Supercomedian In reply to Norton 2007 + Windows XP ...

I am having the same issue. Except that i installed Norton 360 and it was working fine for a while but now...

Back to Malware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)