General discussion

Novell 4.11

By baisha_ward ·
We have a novell 4.11 server w/ service pack 9, but everytime we try to run a backup Arcserve 7 or 9 the server abends and give an error with tsa410. We have looked into everything. It mainly happens with a full backup. Sometimes we can do increments, sometimes we can't.
CAN ANYBODY HELP?!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Novell 4.11

by Oz_Media In reply to Novell 4.11

Two ideas
1) Try running the backup logged in as another user with FULL admin rights.

Try contacting the ARCServe abend analysis team with info as outlined here: http://tinyurl.com/glc7

Collapse -

Novell 4.11

by ctmoore1998 In reply to Novell 4.11

I am assuming that the Arcserve backup is installed on the Novell server and that you are not trying to backup remotely. I would double check the backup accts rights to the files/folders being backed up (with arcserve the user also need sufficient rights to the arcserve folder) though since increments work sometimes I would concentrate on the file/folder permissions. It you are backing up remotely then the issue would be with the connection speed between backup and server have you checked the link between the two devices for increased collosions etc during backup bad cable or NIC can't handle full duplex etc.

Collapse -

Novell 4.11

by baisha_ward In reply to Novell 4.11

I have changed the speed to full duplex, but it seems to very slowly. About 2% in 19 hours., What can help speed this up?

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)