General discussion

Novell Print Server Windows 2000 driver

By rohanm ·
Anyone had any luck with using a novell printer server and win2k client with the 4.8 novell client on it.
normally you canconnect to the printer and install the driver on the local machine and everything works like a charm. Bu if you run the Reg Hack for Point & Print Path Installation Editing . Which allows you to change the path of where the novell client keeps its win2k drivers. But then for some reason you try to load up the drivers fro your printer it keeps on trying to locate the win2k drivers. And asking for the CD , when you use the Cd it still cant find the drivers.
Any ideas
Cheers
Rohan

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Kevin Anderson In reply to Novell Print Server Windo ...

This isn't what you're asking for, but it might help.

On my home Network, I found that it was easiest for me to simply print directly to the printer, eliminating the server and the queue completely.

If you have HP Jetdirects, you can set that up by downloading a file from HP called ja256en.exe

You can then print directly to the print server, which is faster, eliminates a source of error/confusion (the queue & NOS print server) and frees up bandwidth for the server as (on a switched network) print requests will not go to the server anymore.

That should help. It may work as a temporary solution, and it may work as a permanent solution. Either way, it's there for you.

Kev.

Collapse -

by rohanm In reply to Novell Print Server Windo ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by rohanm In reply to Novell Print Server Windo ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)