General discussion

NT 4.0 server shows 2000 security tab

By carolina.zamudio ·
An NT 4.0 server with S.P. 6a shows the windows 2000 security interface (instead of the NT one) when right-click on a folder then click properties and then click on Security tab (it looks like the windows 2000 security tab rather then the NT one). Iasked for a screen capture of the Operating system version and it is NT 4.0 however I noticed that they upgraded the IE application. Any idea?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Soekratis In reply to NT 4.0 server shows 2000 ...

One thing for sure, upgrading to SP6a will not change the security tab. IE 5 or 5.5 will also not change the security tab. It is one of the tweak utility that was installed that made the changes.

Regards
Soekratis

Collapse -

by carolina.zamudio In reply to NT 4.0 server shows 2000 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

I appreciate the answer but could you provide more detail? Is thre a utility in the resource kit that could cause it? I asked for the MPS reports do you think this is enough to find what utility was installed?

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to NT 4.0 server shows 2000 ...

Someone has loaded the Security Configuration Editor for NT 4.0 on this machine. It's nothing to worry about - it can co-exist with other standard NT 4.0 servers, if that's what you're concerned about. The SCE was an option that was included (but not automatically installed) with SP4 for NT 4.0. Personally, I like using it on my NT 4.0 servers, but it's a personal choice. If you need to understand it better, you could look it up on TechNet (www.microsoft.com/technet) or the MS Knowledgebase. Hope this helps!

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)