General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

NT / windows 3.11

by dalarson ·

We have installed a new laser table. the software on this machine is still windows3.11 We are useing NT4.0 I have it connected to the network but can not access the NT server. The error I am getting is ” An internal net manger error” Is this a setting on the server or where else should I look?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

NT / windows 3.11

by don christner ·

In reply to NT / windows 3.11

Make certain that you have the 3.11 machine configured to the same workgroup and that you have added that machine to the workgroup or domain on the server. Also, what protocol are you using to connect, remember that 3.11 did not have TCP/IP. They did, however, make it available as a separate download/install later. If both machines do not share a protocol in common, the machines are talking different languages.

Don

NT / windows 3.11

by don christner ·

P.S. I am running an NT network and have a couple of 3.11 machines that connect to the server, so it is possible.

NT / windows 3.11

by dalarson ·

THANKS DON.
        3.11 is using TCP/IP. I can access my computor and any of the other computors on the network that are shared exept the file server that is when I get the error. We have moved the files we need to use on the 3.11 machine to a differentpc we don’t like this as it is not backedup nightly.

Viewing 0 reply threads