NT Workstation not using DNSLocked
I have an NT Workstation (laptop) where DNS is no longer working (I get a “bad IP address” when trying to ping names, and a “server not found or DNS error” from IE. I’ve verified via IPCONFIG /all (and the registry) that the correct DNS and WINS servers are listed, and this workstation is the only one on our network with this problem. I have put individual listings in a hosts file, and it still gives me a “bad IP address” when trying to ping names (IP addresses work fine). I have used both static and DHCP IP settings and verified all. I uninstalled IP, removed old registry entries, rebooted and then reinstalled IP and re-service packed it (sp6a) many times. Next I used Etherpeek to do a packet analysis, and noticed that no DNS packets are being sent from the workstation at all. I even tried a different PCMCIA card. (Sorry for the repost, got a little hasty with the replies).