General discussion

NT4.0 SERVER TO WINDOWS 2000 SERVER

By martinranga ·
I need to miggrate Winnt4.0 servers onto Windows 2000 servers. Now how do I do this?
I need to retain as much data as possible as well as do the migration over the weekend (2days).
NOTE:- The current WinNT4.0 is running on Old PII & PIII & the new machines are Proliant ML370T.
* Pliz do consider RAID options for me - I consider RAID 5.
* Security - Firewall or NAT
* One server will be running EXCHANGE5.5
* The other server will be hosting a SQL database, DNS, DHCP

All the best.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sli In reply to NT4.0 SERVER TO WINDOWS 2 ...

The solution you are seeking can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260871

BTW, I think you really should do some research before you post a question here. People here will give u assistance you if u r stuck on a problem, not to do your job for u.

Collapse -

by martinranga In reply to

Thank you. I am only a sales rep & had a situation with our MCPs who wanted to know how best they could help a client of ours who wants to migrate his servers onto new hardware. So I had no choice but to resort to techrepublic for help. I will teake it up from here.

Collapse -

by sli In reply to NT4.0 SERVER TO WINDOWS 2 ...

The solution you are seeking can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/canned.aspx?R=d&H=Migration%20from%20Windows%20NT%204.0%20to%20Windows%202000%20with%20ADMT&LL=kbwin2000search%20or%20kbwin2000advservservsearch%20or%20kbwin2000servsearch&Sz=admt

BTW, I think you really should do some research before you post a question here. People here will give u assistance you if u r stuck on a problem, not to do your job for u.

Collapse -

by martinranga In reply to NT4.0 SERVER TO WINDOWS 2 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)