General discussion

NWIP and Novell 4.11

By ginman ·
I have installed NWIP on a Novell 4.11
server with patch 8a installed on the
server. This server is on a Novell network with appox 11 other 4.11 servers. One of those other servers, named DO1 has DSS installed as primary and there are four
other servers that are secondary DSS
servers. Using UNICON or NWIPCFG I have tried to start NWIP on this new server
and it says it cannot find any DSS's.
I have configured the new server with
the ip address of the Primary DSS, I
have addedthe ip address of the new
server to the DNS database but not as SOA, just as cname and n. This server is behind the same router as DO1, will that make any difference? When I finish setting up and configuring this new server it will be at a different location behind it's own router. We use DHCP for assigning IP addresses
and I also need to install and setup
Groupwise on this server.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Gary

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

NWIP and Novell 4.11

by vita555 In reply to NWIP and Novell 4.11

As I know NWIP envirnoment must have only one primary DSS server. So you can use only one IP address as IP address of primary DSS server. Assigning of the same IP address to new server is wrong. Cname record is used as aliase, no more.
Some questions. Do you have additional DNS server (like BIND on Unix)? If yes, so I recommend to describe your NWIP zone in this DNS zone files.
About router. NWIP (Netware) uses broadcast to advertise Novell services, some routers don't support broadcast this retranslations by default.

Best regards, Vitaly.

P.S. Sorry if I understood your Q. not properly.

Collapse -

NWIP and Novell 4.11

by ginman In reply to NWIP and Novell 4.11

I may not have worded the question properly. But the answer given does not help. I did not use the same IP address for the new server that was used for the DSS server.

Collapse -

NWIP and Novell 4.11

by ginman In reply to NWIP and Novell 4.11

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)