General discussion

Off line viewing of Outlook 2000 data

By Lonesome ·
I have a PST file pushing 800 MB made up mostly of Techrepublic E-Mails which I do not want to lose but would like to take out of Outlook but still be able to access them. Breaking it into a number of parts and putting it on a CD would be ideal.
Ican not figure out any way to this and trying to create a separate PST file and than go back and forth has caused more problems than it is worth.
A separate database of all my E-mails is what I want but I want to be able to view it at will. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by fcrammond In reply to Off line viewing of Outlo ...

I suggest that you do a File/Export to a file. You will have quite a list of different file type, including Access. This can then put onto a cd.

Collapse -

by Lonesome In reply to Off line viewing of Outlo ...

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that already. You lose the great format of the Techrepublic E-Mails. Not to mention the links and nice graphics.
I want it to still look like a PST file but one that will not mess up my current setting if I goto view the off line content.

Collapse -

by fcrammond In reply to Off line viewing of Outlo ...

I just did a File\Export to a personal folder and then did a File \Open Special Folder and was able to see all the messages as they were in the orginal Inbox. I'm sure that this would then be able to be burned to a cd.

Collapse -

Thanks for the help that worked fime

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)