General discussion

Office 2000 crashes after applying SR-1.

By LIMiller ·
I am running Windows 2000 and Office 2000. I applied SR-1, which caused each of the applications to crash as follows: Upon execution, the application works for between 15 and 45 seconds and then terminates. The system does not crash and nothing iswritten to the event log. This happens with all of the Office 2K apps. A repair doesn't work since my CD does not have SR-1 applied. I have been able to totally deinstall and reinstall the original CD version to cure the problem, but I would liketo apply both SR-1 and SP-2. I have also applied SP-2 after applying SR-1 and the problem persists.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by PhiltheGreat In reply to Office 2000 crashes after ...

1) Yes, SR-1 is buggy too; and SR-2 is coming; so if it is necessary; don't use it.
2) If you are sure that now new software is installed; then the "fix" SR-1 may run again some programs installed (I have heard this in some newsgroup.)
3) Besides,it may be lack of RAM or hard-disk; because they (Office) are RAM-hungry; it may have used too much memory and the system cannot handle it.
My suggestion: try to close all the programs; including systray and others to provide enough memory. I havedone this for some computer in the office; but sometimes; it does not work for the growth of programs will eat up harddisk and RAM.

Good Luck!

Collapse -

by LIMiller In reply to Office 2000 crashes after ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by LIMiller In reply to Office 2000 crashes after ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)