General discussion

Office 2000 installer killed my system.

By superbat ·
When I made the mistake of upgrading (?) to Office 2K, Microsoft loaded it's new installer. This new installer forces you to load every program not once per system, but once per user per system, multiplying my work by the number of users on any 95 system. See Q233529 in the knowledge base. They admit it. There is no fix. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this piece of MS Code? I already removed Office 2K, as it really stank, but I still have this nasty installer ruining my multi-user system. It isn't in the add/remove programs. It still does it's damage very efficiently. Thanks Bill!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Cader In reply to Office 2000 installer kil ...

I'll give you the same info as I did another person a few minutes ago, try the office 2k registry cleaner called eraser2k. It is on microsofts web site. I am not sure if it removes the windows installer though? You may also update the installer.The one that comes with SR-1 of office 2k is newer and can be downloaded seperately from the office web site.

Collapse -

by superbat In reply to Office 2000 installer kil ...

Tried that. Didn't work, but what seemed to help was the MSICU utility also from MS. Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility... Interesting... Why do people go along with a bad program just because the manufacturer says that's all there is? Whyis that all there is?? Cause we eliminate the competition so that we can be "free to innovate"!!! MS really needs some competition to make them try harder. Innovation is not a by-product of eliminating the competition. We are idiots to simply goalong with MS just because it's easier than other choices.

Collapse -

by superbat In reply to Office 2000 installer kil ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)