General discussion

Office 2000 keeps trying to re-install

By jkey ·
I installed MS Office to my client computer from my server as an Administrator. Whenever I or any user logs on and tries to run an Office app. it tries to re-install itself. This even occurs after I successfully get into one of the Office apps. The next time I try to open it, it will try to re-install itself.
Please help. My operating systems are Win 2000/XP workstations.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by gary.smith In reply to Office 2000 keeps trying ...

We had a similar problem when rolling out our new office where the first time a user logs on to the PC and launches Office it tried to connect to the dfs share and because the users were unable to resolve the path to the share it tried to 'reinstall' each time the user logged in.
Check from the PC you can get to the share you installed office from by using start run then type in the share ie \\servername\dfs\office everyone will need to have access to this share for the first launch of office.

Collapse -

by jkey In reply to Office 2000 keeps trying ...

I copied office to the local PC and reinstalled it from C drive. It still continued to do the same thing.
I still need help.

Collapse -

by RIHELL In reply to Office 2000 keeps trying ...

Have you tried a custom install and when prompted to select components to install right mouse click and select run all from computer? We had sucess with this but had to do it on the individual computers.
Good luck.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)