General discussion

Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

By khunter ·
When exiting out of a graphics program or Internet Explorer, the Office 2000 shortcut Bar disappears and will not start back up until the machine is rebooted. I have created a shortcut to restart the shortcut bar but it does not come back up usingthe shotcut. Any Ideas????

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

by jmar In reply to Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

Try uninstalling the shortcut bar and reinstalling it if this hasn't been tried yet.

Collapse -

Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

by khunter In reply to Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

I have already tried this to no avail.

Collapse -

Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

by dirk In reply to Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

Sounds like youve got the auto hide feature turned on. If not here how to fix it.
To reopen the Office Shortcut Bar without restarting Windows, click Programs on the Start menu, click Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.
Nowthat it is open, right click on it and choose customize. Choose the always on top option, clear the autohide and my preference is to dock it in the title bar.

This will fix your problem. IF you want quick access to restarting it drag the shortcut from the office tools directory and drop it on the desktop or in the quickstart bar section of the taskbar.

Another way is to rightclick the start button....choose explore and the navigate to the office tools directory. Now drag the Office barshortcut to your desktop.

This will help.

Dirk Gardner
Gardner Consultants

Collapse -

Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

I know how to get the toolbar back. The autohide feature is not turned on.

Collapse -

Office 2000 Shortcut Bar

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)