General discussion

Office 2000 with SR1 patch problems.

By tchieng ·
I recently installed Windows ME on my PC; then installed Office 2000 Premium and applied the SR1 patch CD for Office 2000 that I got from MS. After the SR1 patch is installed, all the applications, except for Access, automatically terminates upon startup. Example: You start Excel. Excel loads up and stays on the screen for a second or two and then terminates or disappears without any trace of error or information. I've changed my display driver and that wasn't it. I uninstalled and re-install Office 2000 and it works fine. But if I re-install SR1 patch, it will do the same problem. Any ideas? Help is appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Jerry_Mills In reply to Office 2000 with SR1 patc ...

I don't have a fix for you other then to suggest you don't re-install SR1. I wanted to re-affirm your problem so you don't think it is just you. I have seen this exact same problem with SR1 with several of my users that I support. I've seen it onWin NT and Windows 2K so I don't think it is caused by the operating system. It looks to me like there is a real problem with some systems and that SR1 patch. The only thing I have done to resolve it is to remove it and re-install Office and avoidthe patch. I wish I knew what triggers it as some users can apply the patch without seeing the problem. Oh well, isn't that a typical SR release for Microsoft?

Spider

Collapse -

by tchieng In reply to Office 2000 with SR1 patc ...

Well, since you're the only one who has confirmed this problem, I'll give you all the points. I thought I was going crazy or something... By-the-way, I found a work-a-round for this. After installing SR1, copy the original MSO9.DLL from the Office CD and replace the new MSO9.DLL in the Office folder. That will fix it. It's been running fine since then without a re-install.

Collapse -

by tchieng In reply to Office 2000 with SR1 patc ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)