General discussion

Office 2002, especially Access

By brifd1 ·
Situation: company computer with Windows 98SE (I asked for an upgrade several months ago) and Office 2002. Problems: (1) in Access, it regularly crashes, particularly when opening up certain kinds of queries-I end up having over a dozen copies of the database, as it sends an error report to Microsoft (I've had it send dozens), restarts, and most of the time asks for a new name-this not only is time-consuming, but confusing as to which one is the current one; (2) in Excel and Word, crashes are more occasional, and I end up getting additional versions of my file, e.g. filename (Version 1), and I typically get asked whether to resave the file after my PC reboots.
Any ideas other than getting all of the software updates installed (I have to be creative in this endeavor, too).

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by VinnyD In reply to Office 2002, especially A ...

I had a customer with a problem like this with Access just a few months ago.

Everything we tried would not make it work. We tried all software updates we could find. Even uninstalling office and re-installing it did not help.

We ended up wiping out the computer and reloading Win98SE, loading office and the other programs again.

Never have had the problem since.

Collapse -

by brifd1 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by brifd1 In reply to Office 2002, especially A ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)