A client has an Hp box with XP home and with a pre-installed
demo of Student Teacher Office 2003. Bought the software and
activated it. Worked great for 2 months and the launching
Outlook started the office install as though it was a launched
from a new user profile. Then an Error 1304 appears that says –
“Error writing to file c:\program files\microsoft office\office
11\outlctl.dll. Verify that you have acces to that directory.”
Inserted the CD for the first time ever and tried a repair and
reinstall with the same error. Found nothing in searching except
CD Drive settings and bad media. These really should not be
options as the media was never used until trying to repair the
error and the system is brand new HP settings. I removed a few
spy/ad ware apps including the new about:blank version of
CoolWebSearch. and all is fine now except the office. I UN-
INSTALLED Office 2003 completely and left the Microsoft Office
dir, the Office 11 dir, and that one lone file behind. Odd. So I
deleted the Microsoft Office dir and it’s contents. Did a fresh
Install and …..SAME ERROR.
Any help would be great as I now have a client with no Office
installed.