Question

Office 2003 access denied for my docs?

By clarkd038 ·
Good Day,
I have a client who recently just upgraded 3 PC's to windows 7 from XP. They use folder redirection for my docs and desktop which is working well. I can access/modify files in the redirected folders successfully.
The issue however is when I try to save a document from an Office application when you click the My Documents on the left hand side it states "Access Denied".
I am able to from that same save screen scroll down to the mapped network drive locate their My Docs and save it there. Looking for some guidance.

Thanks,

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

The complex dance of Microsoft Office file access

by robo_dev In reply to Office 2003 access denied ...

Office has three files that do this weird shuffle, the document itself, the auto-recover file, and the temp file.

Typically the temp file and the auto-recover file are in the same folder, which is configurable within the app, as is the folder where documents get saved.

When opening or closing a document, the temp file gets created or destroyed, and there is some interaction that goes something like: the app copies the temp file to the auto-recover file, then renames the file to the file name....or something like that.

The short answer is check to see where the app is saving temp and auto-save files, and make sure they exist and the user has correct permissions to those folders.

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)