General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Office 2003 on windows XP

by kashmeir63 ·

Hi,
    I have a windows xp pro, I noticed after doing a full install of windows xp office 2003 on the computer that the spelling & grammer tab in Word was greyed out. I tried uninstalling office restarting the computer and reinstalling office 2003 and still have the same problem. Is there a reason this is happening? Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Any help wold be appreciated.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Office 2003 on windows XP

by wlbowers ·

In reply to Office 2003 on windows XP

Uninstall it again.

Use regedit and under HKCU and HKLM software remove any folders that are office.

When you reinstall do the custom install.

When the install tree comes up, select the top box and select run all from my computer.

I have the same setup and it is not greyed out on mine. I never take the typical install.

Lee

by gary56789 ·

Generally, this is a sign that the proofing tools have not been installed. Try going over “Add Remove programs” in the control panel to run a “Change” type of setup. Scroll down until you find the Proofing tools and make sure spelling and grammar are checked, then let Setup
      finish.

If the problem still persists, go to Tools?Language?Set Language?make sure ?Do not check spelling or grammar? is not checked.

It if still doesn’t work properly, Help?Detect and Repair–Start.

by geraldkiii ·

Try what the others suggest then I would suggest you might have a bad Windows Profile. Windows is tricky and profiles are easy to corrupt. I run into bad profiles everyday.

by kashmeir63 ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 3 reply threads