General discussion

Office 2003 Other contacts sub folder display

By surveymaster.shivaram ·
I have a user that has sub folders under their contacts. They want their secretary to access the sub folders with contacts to add/delete and update. When they "open other users folders" then choose the username and contacts, all they can see is the parent or main contact folder. Is there a way to open sub folders?? I have given permission for the secretary for the main folder as well as the subfolders under the contacts in outlook with no success. We are using Exchange 2000 SP3 and outlook 2000 sp3.

Any help would be appreciated...,

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dustyD In reply to Office 2003 Other contact ...

Not sure if this will help...I have experienced a similar problem when starting a new email, then clicking on the To: to select a contact from a sub folder. I can't drill down to my other folders.

Try creating a new 'top-level' Contacts folder, not under the existing one. Give it the required permissions. Or, try using public folders instead.

Please post back giving your final solution.
Thanks.

Collapse -

Other contacts folders

by bvgeek In reply to Office 2003 Other contact ...

I'm experiencing the same problem in NYC. If anyone has a solution please let me know at bvgeek@yahoo.com

Collapse -

Same exact problem here

by john.goodman In reply to Other contacts folders

I have a user trying to do the same thing. We're on Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. She's got a new contacts folder under her primary contacts folder, and wants to share it with one other user. If I find a solution, I'll post it here.

Collapse -

by mahendra.r.patil In reply to Office 2003 Other contact ...

To see any folders other than the defaults you see in file | open | other
user's folders, you'll need to grant the delegate at least 'reviewer' rights
to the root of the other mailbox in Outlook. Then in the delegate's Outlook,
go to the properties of the Exchange server service, advanced tab, and add
the other mailbox there - it will now show up in their folder list.

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)