Question

Office 2007 Home and Student installing as trial

By ditchmagnet ·
I have a retail version of Office 2007 Home and Student (3PCS) and on one of the computers it keeps installing as a trial and now everything is locked out except to open a file (no save, no edit, everything is locked out) It says it is a trial version and wants me to purchase a license.

I have un-installed and re-installed but it still will not work.

What is going on?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Ring MS.

by seanferd In reply to Office 2007 Home and Stud ...

It is a problem with their product. Call them to get the product key, installation, and activation sorted out.

Collapse -

Well I think you'll need to download the Trial Version of 2007

by OH Smeg In reply to Office 2007 Home and Stud ...

Then after installing it reboot the system and when it restarts go to the Control Panel and using the Add Remove Programs remove Office 2007. When you have removed it restart the system and then install your copy of Office.

If you are unable to Activate it over the Web ring M$ on the provided Phone Number and they will provide an Activation Key for you.

You can download the Trial Version of Office 2007 here

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/08/13/direct-download-links-for-microsoft-office-2007-suites-and-applications/

I don't think that it's available any longer on the m$ Web Site.

Col

Collapse -

I figured it out

by ditchmagnet In reply to Well I think you'll need ...

Microsoft has a "Fix It For Me" Script that manually removes it all, I did that and rebooted again and then when I re-installed again and rebooted, it activated and is OK now.

Thanks for the replies.

EDIT:
For anyone else looking for a solution, this is the page I found that helped me. I used the 2007 version since that is what I have.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)