General discussion

okidata 590 printer

By Mario Agosto ·
In a windows xp machine, a okidata 590 printer using the winxp driver, prints the test page or any other print job normall. My problem is that the printer does not leave enough space in between the sheets. So, by the time that the third page prints one third of the fourth page is being printed at the bottom of the third page. I belive it to be a driver problem, unfortuantely okidata does not offer a driver for win xp. Can any one offer any suggestions?
Also what is the default location for drivers in the xp cd rom? ie \i386\.....
Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly apriciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

okidata 590 printer

by felixlai In reply to okidata 590 printer

I take it that your printer uses continuous perforated papaer rather than stacks of paper? The problem may actually lie an incorrectly specified paper size. mistaking A4 papers as legal size can lead to this problem.

Collapse -

okidata 590 printer

by Mario Agosto In reply to okidata 590 printer

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

okidata 590 printer

by MikeyMPC In reply to okidata 590 printer

If you are using continous pin fed paper, what method are you using to feed paper( i.e. Rear, Bottom or Top tractor feed)? Check the line spacing and page length in the printer configuration for each method. The dafault value is line spacing is 6 LPI and a page length of 11 ".

Collapse -

okidata 590 printer

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

okidata 590 printer

by MikeyMPC In reply to okidata 590 printer

The 590 can emulate several printers. See if you can find a driver in WIN XP that is emulated by the prt then change the printer configuration to match. Otherwise try the Generic/Text driver in Windows and change the printer emulation for IBM Proprinter.

Collapse -

okidata 590 printer

Thank You, you got the right answer. I had solved the problem all ready. I did it exactly the way you suggested. Since I all ready gave up my points I wanted to give someone the oportunity to earnd them. So here you have them.

Collapse -

okidata 590 printer

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

Okidata 591 Printer

by JG ENTERPRISES In reply to okidata 590 printer

Does anyone knows where to get a SERVICE manual (not a user's manual)?
I need to fix several ML 590's and 591s
Thank you

Back to Windows Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)