General discussion

Open Office 1.1.4

By Coolaldred ·
i have problem, which related to open office.Most of the users in company now using the open office program. One of the user complaint open office crash(Error report dialog show up). Then i straight refer to requirement of open office at www.openoffice.org. Said that need 64MB-128MB but it also said working fine with low-end machine with 16mb memory and kind da slow. This user's pc equipped with Win98 SE, with 128mb ram, Pentium III 800.

what i done try to resolve problem is disable some of the unused startup in msconfig,scanned pc with anti spyware program(10problems fixed), scanned with stinger(no worm found).The crash still happen.Then, i fresh reinstall OpenOffice(remove and install). however, the situation unchanged.this few day, i try to search solution through forum and google and i cant find any.

instead of reformat whole pc, i out of ideas. I need your guys possible suggestion. Pls help...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Jaqui In reply to Open Office 1.1.4

did this issue get resolved?

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11192-0.html?forumID=42&threadID=173799&start=0

if so why is the question not closed and answers rated?

as for this question, try upgrading to open office 2.0
it's out and should fix any bugs. that you may be having.

Collapse -

by ronfarzan In reply to Open Office 1.1.4

Dear Sir,
7 years ago I had the same problem with Microsoft Office in our organization,after testing all of the software that installed on organzation's computer, I found that the source of the problem is hardware, in display adapter ( ATI brand ).
I advise you make a test and change the display adapter.
good luck.
Ron

Collapse -

Open office spreadsheet

by riddlemethis115 In reply to Open Office 1.1.4

In open office when you try to add the sum by clicking and dragging and hitting the sum button, it doesn't give the sum like in excel does anyone know how i can get that to work like excel's version

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)