Question

• Creator
    Topic

Opening Files from Win 2003 Server slow

by dmont ·

I have a Windows 2003 server acting as DNS, print server and file server. I have 50 client computers running windows xp pro and office 2003. When a client computer attempts open a file (such as a word document) stored on the server it is painfully slow…the more users accessing the document the slower the response in loading (up to 3 to 5 minutes).

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by dmont ·

In reply to Opening Files from Win 2003 Server slow

Clarifications

Same Problem

by adrian_miles57 ·

Hi i am having the same problem it started on 22 of august, have you managed to find a soloution ?

Still hunting

by dmont ·

In reply to Same Problem

I have read several forum posts with similar questions but I have yet to find a solution.

Slow reading from client

by web_moll ·

Hi,
      we manage a domain with Windows 2003 Server R2 (x64) With Service pack 2 Installed.

We can send files to the server fast, but when i we try to read any file from the server it’s performs the operation very very slowli (1 minute for 1 Mb aprox.).

We find a lot of questions in forums, with the same problema, but we don’t find any solution.

Anybody knows how to fix this problem?.

Opening files by clients of Windows 2003 is very slow

by raminsh ·

Ihave the same problem with my network. I have the same server configuration but there are just 10 clients. When I read/copy files from/to clients everything is fine, when I copy files from my clients to server it is fine, too. The problem just happens when I try to read a file from my server, and that is very slow. Please someone help, all the users are shouting at me because they save everything on the server.

Viewing 3 reply threads