General discussion

Opening port in ISA Server 2000

By jimmy ·
I am tryng to establish a VPN connection through an ISA 2000 server. I need to have TCP port 10000 open to connect to the Cisco VPN.
I have created a Protocol Definition and a Protocol Rule for this, to all access to all destinations.

I thought I had all the bases covered, but my problem is on the internal interface. When I try to telnet to my ISAserver on port 10000, it errors out. I have downloaded the NMAP utility, and when I scan port 10000 on the ISAserver from a client PC, it lists port 10000 CLOSED. I have not found any settings that enable/disable ports internally. I am thinking that there is a simple solution for this, but I am not seeing it. HELP PLEASE!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Opening port in ISA Serve ...

need to create a packet filter allowing inbound/outbound TCP/UDP traffic for that port. In the ISA management console under access policies expand access policies and click on packet filters. run the wizard to create a custom packet filter.

Collapse -

by jimmy In reply to

I overlooked the Packet filter when I was entering my original post. I do have a packet filter setup to allow traffic "BOTH" directions on FIXED port 10000. This appears to be for the external interface only though. I am unable to telnet to the ISAserver from one of my workstations on port 10000. I am needing to find a way to open the port on the INTERNAL interface of the ISAServer.

Collapse -

by mdoyle In reply to Opening port in ISA Serve ...

Been a while since I used ISA Server, but some general suggestions:

Is there a service physically running on the ISA server listening on port 10000?

If not, is the device listening on port 10000 on the outside interface?

If I recall, the inside interface is, by default, open to everthing (on the assumption that the inside network is safe).

Collapse -

by jimmy In reply to

I had assumed that the internal interface was open by default as well. However, in this case, the internal port is not open. I have used a couple port scanners on the internal interface, while troubleshooting this, and port 10000 is blocked on the internal interface. I need to find out how to open this. 10000 is open on the external interface already.

Collapse -

by hakoracle In reply to Opening port in ISA Serve ...

first thing plz check the user ....remote dial in/out right see ad or user properites etc

2nd in routing remote access did u allowed for incomming connecting for your mentioned setting

3rd

you need to create a packet filter allowing inbound/outbound TCP/UDP traffic for that port. In the ISA management console under access policies expand access policies and click on packet filters. run the wizard to create a custom packet filter.

and go in NAT setting by default we set of out going ...
plz verify did u set netowrk/ip/user/port for incoming connection

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)